Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Jack's 1st Day of Kindergarten

So Vanessa started school last week in the 3rd grade! It's hard to believe how fast time is flying with the kids, but it is...

Jack's first day of Kindergarten was today--he'll be in "regular" school, but in a special education class that will eventually have him integrated into typically-developing kindergarten. Jack has 2 teachers and 1 support person this year. Since Jack has been going to school since he was 2 years old, it wasn't quite as tearful as when I put Vanessa on the bus the first day of kindergarten, but my heart is still in my stomach as I worry about Jack in his new school with new teachers and the first time with "regular" kids. Jack has surprised me many times before and I know that he will continue to do so, but he's my boy and, well, I'm his worry-wart Mommy. Wish Jack luck this year! Hopefully, in a year or two he'll join Vanessa at St. Joe's... and then I won't have to worry as much.

Just before Vanessa left for school.

Waiting for the bus!

Josie had to get in on the school action with her backpack.

Here's Jack on the "short bus" :)

No comments: