Monday, May 26, 2008

Playing catch-up: Out of the mouths of babes


(I've been meaning to post this for some time now, but am just getting around to it.)


So I’ve been trying to get Josie to tell me when she has a “No. 2” in her diaper so we can move along her potty training readiness.

Today, I could smell the “bomb” she just dropped in her diaper, so I asked her: “Josie, did you make a poopie?”

She replied: “No.”

I asked her: “Then what’s that I smell?”

Josie said: “It’s the dog.”

Incident number 2: I smelled that brown monster again just now (in fact, it’s still in her diaper as I type) and I asked her: “Did you make a poopie?”

Josie said: “No.”

So I asked her again, “What’s that I smell?”

Josie replied: “Colette.” (Actually she says it phonetically: “Co-wette” like Elmer Fudd)

Unbelievable. I have a 2 year-old-pathological-potty-liar who is hysterically funny.

Love, The Mom of the mysterious pooper.

No comments: