Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Jack's 1st Day of 1st Grade

Jack started his first day of first grade today. He will be going to "regular" school with a special program for kiddos with autism and he will gone today from 9AM until 4PM. The only way to describe the way I feel is an immense sense of FREEDOM because I will only have 2 babies at home for that long and a sheer sense of TERROR.

It's been a long time since I've spent this much time away from Jack during the day, so I am worried how he will do or whether he will torture his teachers and aids. Will he make friends? Will he eat all his lunch? Will kids be nice to him even when he says weird things or will he just become a target for bullies? Will he stay awake the entire day? Will his teachers be patient and care for him with love? I can only pray for my boy and hope that the teachers will let me know how he does.

Jack was very excited to go back to school--he's been asking for about a month to go back to school, so he was very excited to get dressed and eat and get on the bus. I don't know how he's doing right now, but here are shots from this morning:

Jack and Sassy waiting for the bus.

The bus is here! Time to go to school!


There goes my boy and my heart...

Updates on his day to follow...

1 comment:

c r a f t r a b b i t said...

Jack - Jack we love you so much! We hope first grade and you will agree with each other. We are praying for you with mom and dad. :)